Team China Update- Georgia

Team China Update- Georgia

The flight to Shanghai last night was cancelled as the weather in Shanghai was rainy and distraught. The rescheduled flight was at 7:30am this morning but that was delayed to 11:00am. 

The airport was buzzing with people trying to get to another destination. As the suitcases rolled beside their owners, we were sitting on the shimmering airport floor waiting. We waited and waited but still our backsides still glued to the sparkling airport floor. 

Once we were on our feet we waited to check in our grand luggage. It was an easy 5 minute wait but in the end we got our bags on the conveyor.

As we hadn’t had any breakfast so we decided to find delicious food to devour. We saw a Starbucks and we went into the bursting store. Aleksia got a vanilla drink, Lachie bought a strawberry drink, Chilli purchased a vanilla drink, Ryan decided to destroy a chocolate muffin and a  vanilla drink and I drank a white chocolate drink. We needed to eat some food. The food at Starbucks was extremely expensive so we went to a French restaurant and we all got some delicious food to devour. Aleksia had a fish burger, Lachie had a hotdog roll, Chilli had a meatball sub and a hotdog pastry, Ryan had a sausage and garlic pastry whilst I had a crossiant. The food was excellent.

The flight was a short trip but it was a restless flight for me personally. It was very uncomfortable and lunch on the plane was abominable. I played In-flight pool with Xander (he was behind me) and I won. I also played Pac-man but unfortunately I was unsuccessful. After giving up on Pac-Man I played a game called Luxor. It was extremely difficult to understand but luckily we touched down on the grey asphalt just as I gave up on Luxor.

At the Shanghai airport, it was easy to get our needed luggage as the airport was small. It was a 10 minute walk to the bus.

The bus took us to our hotel. The Park Hotel to be specific. There was very talented tour guide on the bus. He was so kind, he was an angel. He gave us information about Shanghai and how it was paramount to be careful. On the way to the hotel we saw a beautiful tree man made with substantial flowers.

The hotel was super luxurious, so fancy that there are no words in my vocabulary range to describe it. I am definitely blown away at least all the way to Australia because it is so luxurious and beautiful. The building is old but the decor inside is just extreme.

That night we went to the circus. The acrobats were phenomenal, the strong man was well strong and the motorbikes blew me away like a piece of paper in the wind. The acrobats on push bikes jumped on to each other’s glowing bikes whilst the bike was moving. The. This extremely talented woman did tricks. The acrobats were so flexible that I could fold one into an paper aeroplane. The strong man was throwing and catching a mammoth China pot and I was waiting for him to miss it so the China pot went SMASH! The motor bikes got into a globe and rode around, went upside down and round and round. There were eight bikes in total! It was unbelievable

Attachment.png

8 Comments on Team China Update- Georgia

1. Bec
    May 27, 2018 at 11:48 am (3 weeks ago)

Glad to here you all finally got to your destination. What a chaotic morning!! The circus photos look great though. What a way to end your day. Have a fantastic time at your sister school tomorrow

2. Terry
    May 27, 2018 at 6:28 pm (3 weeks ago)

Sounds like you are having lots of fun georgy.
    Talk soon
    Love Dad

3. Terry
    May 27, 2018 at 6:58 pm (3 weeks ago)

Sounds like an awesome trip so far, enjoying the updates Georgia.

Love Dad

4. Sam
    May 27, 2018 at 8:35 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Georgia, your experiences are sounding all very exciting and exhausting at the same time! I hope you all are eating plenty to keep up your stamina for the days that lie ahead.

5. Gayle
    May 28, 2018 at 7:38 pm (3 weeks ago)

Sounds like you are having a great time and seeing plenty I hope you enjoy everthing Luv Nan

6. mrshaeche
    May 29, 2018 at 9:56 am (3 weeks ago)

Hey guys,
    I enjoy reading your comments and what you guys think of the updates we are giving you. I really appreciate all the positive comments. Thank you all and I hope you are all enjoying the icy winds back in Australia whilst we feel as if we need to leap into a pool.

Georgia

7. Ian
    May 29, 2018 at 12:49 pm (3 weeks ago)

How does it feel to be the only Grade 5 student in the group does it feel weird or does it feel amazing?

8. Seraya
    May 30, 2018 at 1:24 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi guys,
    your trip so far sounds like so much fun!!
    Especially the circus. I wish I saw it, it sounds amazing. I look forward to seeing what you do next. Good luck, have fun.
    From Seraya