Day 5 Shanghai & Suzhou- Lachie

Hi it’s Lachie and today we spent our first day in Shanghai!! It was awesome, we went to the underground market and bought lots of stuff for ourself family and friends. I got myself a new Supreme hat and a new pair of convertible sunnys, which makes me apparently look like Mr Byron. I don’t know how.

We caught the train there with was only 5 stops there and back. We were there for about two hours so enough time to bye lots of presents. We went back to our third hotel which was awesome, the toilet had a remote to warm the toilet seat and turn on the toilet air con. Really nice but really unusual. Yea went of track a little there. Once we got back to the hotel we sat down in the lobby for about halve an hour, because we had handed back our room keys earlier. While we were waiting Aleksia and I play garage band on one iPad and Ryan and Georgia played the other one. After waiting we got told that our group was going to walk down to the mall. It was about a 1 kilometre walk. On the way there we saw a Star Bucks and decided to get a drink. 3 of us got a Strawberry and White Chocolate Frappuccino and two of us got a Vanilla Frappuccino, and it was dear.

Once we got to the mall we had a look around but didn’t bye anything, because it was so dear. Most of us needed to go to the toilet by then so we went into the huge shopping centre, were we saw deep fried chicken, duck, pig and dog. It was a little bit disturbing. We had to head back because our buses were nearly at the hotel to take us to our fourth hotel in Suzhou. On the bus I sat next to Aleksia, Chilli sat next to someone from another school, Ryan sat next to the Chinese teacher and I don’t know who Georgia sat next to.

Once we got to Suzhou we went out for dinner. It wasn’t the type of dinner were you choose what comes out, there was a big lazy Susan in the middle of the table and we had duck, dumplings, fried chicken, broccallie and lots of other delicious foods. Once we got to the hotel we new it was going to be very big and modern since we walked through the front doors. It was huge and there was literally a robot saying hello once you walk through the door.

When I got the room keys I went and got Ryan because we’re sharing a room and we couldn’t wait to get up there to see the room. We finally got up the elevator to level four and saw or room for the first time. The first room that we will be spending more then one night in. The room is huge with there being a full lounge room with a t.v, that only talks Chinese. We are all jealous because all us kids are only on level four and Miss Van is on level twentyAll in all the rooms are very good and all team China kids are missing everyone and Aleksia and I heard a bus horn today and it sounded the exact same as a energy break through car.
GOOD BYE AND CANT WAIT TOO SEE YOU ALL VERY SOON!!! Lachie.

7 Comments on Day 5 Shanghai & Suzhou- Lachie

1. Belinda
    May 28, 2018 at 10:01 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hey mate!! Its sounds awesome. What a great time you are all having. You better not get used to this starbucks business haha. Miss you heaps bub im on a count down to see you on Saturday xxoo

2. David Arscott
    May 29, 2018 at 7:58 am (3 weeks ago)

Great hear you are all still enjoying yourselves and will have many thing to talk about when you get, it won’t be long now so enjoy your last few days as much as you have so far. Look forward to seeing you in a couple of days and hope I will be able to come to the first assembly when you all get back.
    Love Nanny and Poppy

3. Ali Dobson
    May 29, 2018 at 9:28 am (3 weeks ago)

We are loving the photos, gives us a real sense of how you are all going. Can’t wait to read the next episode.

• mrshaeche
      May 29, 2018 at 11:34 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi nan love you I miss you and do you know if your picking me up? Ok we will try a bit harder for you to get a sense on how we are all going . Ryan

4. DREW COSTIGAN
    May 29, 2018 at 12:37 pm (3 weeks ago)

I would hate it if my TV was only in Chinese. Luckily you are there for a little bit longer do you can learn to understand the TV a bit more!

5. Ian
    May 29, 2018 at 12:43 pm (3 weeks ago)

What are the Chinese TV shows like? Are they mostly game shows, kid shows, documentaries etc.

• mrshaeche
      May 29, 2018 at 11:37 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hey Ian Ryan here it’s a mixture of all of them there is a bit of older style shows like themed in the olden days before cars even.